Pages

Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Gnomevember Sculpting Update


My current project: Sinister Gnomes!

I've been wanting to sculpt some sinister gnomes for a while, but getting the aesthetic right has been hard. Some folks wanted them with tall hats, others with bulky armor, and a smaller minority wanted them as Gothic barbarians. I've opted for something unique.

Below are my first four sinister gnomes. They are still WIPs. I plan to give them outlandish hats and equip them with 2 weapons each. I am thinking I will also sculpt shields so that patrons can remove either weapon and replace it with a shield. If everything goes according to plan, the sinister gnomes will also have a command set, some beastmasters, and an imperious sorcerer. 

I wanted these gnomes to look very sinister, so I have given each a contorted look of contempt. I've also sculpted most to be in positions that telegraph forward movement - perhaps a lunge or a charge to suggest that they are aggressive. Also, I have opted to not give them beards, but rather goatees and big mustaches.

Let me know what you think! I'd really like feedback on these :)







Some recent sculpts I'd finished.
These are mostly WIP pics of a gnomish baggage train I was finishing up. They are very small. The carts with a goat pulling them fit on a cavalry platform. 
Sacks

Boxes

Grain

Female Wagon Attendant - if I recall rightly, she's about 13mm tall.

Female attendant from behind, this pic was to show off her braids that I was proud of. 

Male gnome wagon rider

Male gnome wagon attendant. I'm very proud of him; it's the 3rd lantern I've sculpted. Much better than my first. But also the first chain I've sculpted on a miniature (had a few practice goes before committing to the mini.)


No comments:

Post a Comment