I have embarked on a long multi-year project. (I actually started this project a bit ago, but I haven't had time to put it to words)
I call this project the Eternal Stillmania!
As some folks may be aware, Stillmania refers to the philosophy/challenge of Nigel Stillman. Famously, (at least among a small number of herohammer nerds) Stillman shared his thoughts on collecting warhammer armies and playing games of warhammer. Collectively, these thoughts are referred to as Stillmania. The tenets of Stillmania are summarized here:
|Helblitzen of Gusseldorf - halberdiers for my 1000 pt Empire army - using minis I sculpted as proxies|
"Okay, but what is Eternal Stillmania?" I hear you ask.
- the army must be compatible with 3rd, Warhammer Armies 4th ed, the Warhammer army books for 4th/5th edition, Ravening Hordes 6th edition, as well as the 6th edition army books. (I imagine others who might take up the mantle of the Eternal Stillmania, might choose their own combination of editions)
- the army must be at least 1000 points in each edition (including magic items)
- the army cannot have more than 1 unit that is incompatible with a given edition
- I don't strictly follow the Warhammer Armies 3rd ed troop requirements - for example, bare minimum Orcs and Goblins must have 20 gobbos, 20 stikkas, 20 arrer boyz, and 20 boyz. Not gonna happen.
|Clanrats for the 1000 pt Skaven army|
I see .... but why are you doing this to yourself?
|Phoenix Guard for the 1000 pt High Elf army|
🤦... so what's your plan, then?
- High Elves
- Dark Elves
- Empire (not quite, still a WiP, my general on griffon doesn't jibe with 3rd and 6th editions, so I have to make up this difference)
- Orcs and Goblins (I have like 3000 points of these, but they weren't made for this project so I'm not sure if I should count them or not)
- Gnomes (I have like 3000 points of these, but they weren't made for this project so I'm not sure if I should count them or not)
|Kin'Lath's Slashers - Dark Elf Warriors for my 1000 pt Dark elf army.|
- Wood Elves
- Lizardmen ("those don't even work for 3rd/4th edition 🙄!"... I know, but I have the 5th ed starter box and a slann mage, so I'm using what I've got))
- Tomb Kings (Undead that fit 6th ed tomb kings criteria)
- Vampire Counts
- Chaos (I genuinely need help with this one)
- Chaos Dwarves? (long hats?)
- Savage Orcs
- Night Goblins
- Heroquest Army of Zargon??? (this is more of a situation where I'd have to make rules for the army that would be compatible with each edition)
- What else am I forgetting?
This is my own personal hobby project, it does not connote any support, endorsement, or officiality by Mr. Stillman or GamesWorkshop. Used without permission. No challenge to their status or rights intended. All rights reserved to their respective owner.