Pages

Pages

Friday, March 2, 2018

Swallow Riders: news from the workbench 1

I had a mostly quiet Friday midday to myself so I decided to start the Swallow Riders for the OS Miniatures Gnomes range.

I have never sculpted birds before so this is new territory. Goal for today was to craft the armatures for the birds.

I started off getting my hands on some sheet copper.
The Next step was to print off some silhouettes of swallows scaled to carry a gnome on their shoulders.

Next I cut out a rectangle of the copper roughly bigger than one of the birds.

This was then hammer to make it thinner so the final birds' wings wouldn't be too thick and so the armature would be easier to pose.

Next I super glued one of the swallow silhouettes onto the copper



 Finally I used tin-snips to cut the shape out


1 comment: